In today's times I like to Have A energy Back up. The Energy we get from the Public Service is Dependable to a degree. We had a Lightening Storm and we lost our Power for 16 to 18 hours. So we had to watch out for letting the cold air out of the refrigerator.
We had the freezer get a bit warm but every thing was ok. It all stayed froze for long enough. We didn't open the freezer. It was good to Have a bunch of Ice in there.
Anyway,
I think it is good to have a Backup plan for electricity.
I Now Have 2 generators and a Extra Freezer out in the Garage.
So If we loose power again I can go and start up the Generators and use the Freezer out there. Of course i need to keep a few gas cans full for the Generator fuel.
I have also started a Battery Backup with a Inverter to AC. It wont keep the house totally Powered but will keep the food good.
I also Have hand held radio's. It should be easy to keep them charged for emergency.
I don't plan for any Big loss or time with out Power, But just in case. I have heard of other states having to cut neighborhoods of electricity for a few hours.
I think it would be smart to make solar panels and wind generators. Just in Case.
If you have no way of power then you have no way for communication or TV or AC or keeping your fridge cold.
I hope others have the smarts to watch out for themselves.
I Have a few Links for people to check out for there own Power.
It will be nice to get a bit more for being able to take better care of my personnel electricity.
ReplyDeleteI hope neighbors and friends take care of them selves as far as electricity needs.